StetsonULibrary. Identifying Credible Sources.
When you find an information source, evaluate it using the following criteria and by answering the associated questions.
||Questions to ask
- Who is the author? Who is the publisher?
- What qualifications does the author have to write on this topic?
- What is the publisher's reputation?
- Where did the author get their information?
- What do other sources have to say about the same topic?
- Is the information up-to-date?
- What are the author or publisher's goals?
- Why did they create this source?
- What biases are present?